News, Worker exposed to carbon dioxide leak at LAX has died, family says : detailed suggestions and opinions about Worker exposed to carbon dioxide leak at LAX has died, family says .
A worker who was exposed to a carbon dioxide leak on Halloween at Los Angeles International Airport has died, according to an online fundraiser set up on behalf his family.
Cris Abraham, 36, was one of four contract workers who were exposed to the leak in a subterranean electrical room near the Terminal 8 baggage area.
“First off, I would like to thank everyone for all the prayers, kind words and donations,” wrote the GoFundMe page’s organizer, who identified herself as Abraham’s sister-in-law. “Unfortunately, due to his injuries, Cris passed away early Friday morning.”
As of Tuesday evening, the fundraiser had received about $35,000 in donations.