Welcome to the RockedBuzz local newsroom! The subject of this news is The American Song Contest debuts in the United States and on SVT
here are all the details. We offer you the most up-to-date developments about The American Song Contest debuts in the United States and on SVT
. Everything you wonder about The American Song Contest debuts in the United States and on SVT
, keep reading in this news and stay tuned! The American Song Contest debuts in the United States and on SVT
Premiere today with Kelly Clarkson and Snoop Dogg
Published: Today 05.45
Updated: Less than 10 minutes ago
full screenMichael Bolton is one of the artists of the American Song Contest. Photographic archives. Photo: JOE GILL / AP Photo / TT
The American song contest starts tonight, but will arrive in Sweden on Wednesday.
Several Swedes have worked to bring the format to the United States and are now hoping for success.
– If we get two big hits from this competition the first season, the wheels have started to turn in the right direction, says Christer Björkman to SR.
In the starting field there are 56 artists who represent their states and territories with original songs from different genres. Among the artists there are some famous names, for example Michael Bolton, Macy Gray And Jewelthat will touch all their origins in the video presentations.
– We focus a lot on love for their home state and homeland, it’s an incentive that we don’t have in Sweden or Eurovision, says Christer Björkman at SR.
Hoping for two great successes
There he also says they were inspired a lot by American sports competitions for inspiration.
– We looked a lot at the world of sports, college football, which states are automatically rivals.
The program is conducted by the artists Snoop Dogg And Kelly Clarkson.
The competition consists of five sub-competitions, two semifinals and a final, which will take place on 9 May.
He tells P1 that they don’t expect the competition to overthrow kiosks in the US, but that it’s important for the competition’s future that some signups have an impact.
– If we get two big hits from this competition the first season, the wheels have started to turn in the right direction. Then the record companies, the publishing industry and the managers arrive: “ah, interesting”.
Infinite number of dancers
Eurovision was created to strengthen Europe after World War II. What role does the American Song Contest play in the United States? Christer Bjorkman don’t talk so much.
– I think so: there is nothing as unifying as music. It is a good message that you can spread, in any country, she says in an interview with TT.
The mix of genres and expressions that characterizes Eurovision will try to some extent to be translated, for example, in the form of national contributions from the southern states. In the American edition the artists are not voted by “ordinary people” but selected by a jury.
As at Melodifestivalen and Eurovision, the age limit for competing is 16 years and also here six people can go on stage at a time, but together with an unlimited number of dancers or musicians in addition to the “competiting act”.
The American Song Contest will also air on SVT. The contest will premiere on SVT Play on March 23. The premiere will also air on SVT1 on March 26.
The American Song Contest is released on SVT Play two days after the American live broadcasts. Premiere Wednesday 23 March at 6pm.
The program airs on SVT1 on Saturday afternoon this week (Saturday 26 March at 16.05 for the premiere).
full screenChrister Björkman brings the Eurovision format to the United States. Photo: Robin Lorentz-Allard / RockedBuzz Published:
Published: March 21, 2022 at 05.45