The 27 Essential tweaks, utilities, extensions and widgets for your new iPhone that will get it ready
Hello, Welcome to the RockedBuzz.com News site! I will present you all the details of Los 27 essential tweaks, utilities, extensions and widgets for your new iPhone that will get it ready here.
The 27 must-have tweaks, utilities, extensions and widgets for your new iPhone that They will get it ready
The 27 Essential tweaks, utilities, extensions and widgets for your new iPhone that will get it ready We have explained the details of the news, step by step, below. The 27 essential tweaks, utilities, extensions and widgets for your new iPhone that will get you ready Keep reading our news. Here are all the details on the subject.
The 27 settings, utilities, extensions and Essential widgets for your new iPhone that will get it ready
Now that you are the owner of a brand new iPhone , be it a iPhone 14 , iPhone 14 Pro or an earlier model, now is the time to tune it up. There are a myriad of small tweaks, extensions and widgets that deserve your attention and whose usefulness improves greatly from day to day. Whether you are a newbie, an expert or you just switched to the iPhone, read carefully because you will surely find new tricks for you.
Essential settings and utilities in your iPhone
With all the years of the iPhone behind him, it’s easy to lose track of what what it can do for us. There are a series of small adjustments and very useful apps that will help us in our day to day. Let’s get started.
Automate the dark mode on your iPhone
The iPhone dark mode does not take that long among us. More than a simple change of colors , what it does is adapt the entire interface so as not to tire us both the view. In addition, third-party apps such as WhatsApp or Google Maps have been around for a long time adapted.
You can automate dark mode on your iPhone like this:
- In appearance, you can choose between light and dark.
Open Settings on your iPhone and go to Display and brightness.
But below you can choose an automation so that the dark mode is turned on with the sunset and goes out with the dawn. You can also customize this schedule.
How to read QR codes without an app
The iOS camera has a QR reader Incorporated. In this way, you don’t need to download an app to do it , greatly simplifying the process. Simply open the camera, point to the QR code, and you will see the URL it will take you to appear. Press it and you will enter that website directly.
Access a Wi-Fi network by scanning the QR of your router with the iPhone
Now that we know how to scan QR codes with the iPhone, we can connect to any Wi-Fi network. Fi to use it. We take a router in our hands, we point the camera and it will automatically offer us to connect to the network with the iPhone.
Prevent WhatsApp from flooding your photo and video library
There is a setting in WhatsApp that can make your iPhone fill up quickly. If this happens to you or you do not recognize the photos and videos in your iPhone gallery, it is very likely that you have it activated . To avoid it:
- Open WhatsApp and go to Settings.
- In Chats make sure Save to Photos is disabled.
From now on, nothing will be automatically saved to WhatsApp on iPhone.
Find out which WhatsApp conversations take up the most space on your iPhone
Continuing with WhatsApp, it is normal that over time we accumulate garbage digital space that occupies us space on the iPhone. It is not necessary to download it in our photo library , because we already have it in the app itself Messenger service. To do cleaning from time to time, we have a built-in tool that will help us:
- In WhatsApp go to Settings> Storage and data.
- Enter Manage storage and there you will see a detail of each of your groups and contacts, as well as how much the conversations occupy.
Use Pocket to organize and store your favorite items
If you are an avid reader of the press, entertainment or more serious publications, many times you have wondered what to do with that article you just read and what you want to keep for reference. We tend to think that when we need it we will remember its title and it will be enough to search for it in Google, but this is not always the case.
Pocket is a free and multiplatform app that allows us to save and tag those articles . To have them safely and at hand whenever we need them. Download it here .
Use the native iOS translator
iOS comes standard with a translator pretty good. If we go on a trip or we want to have a conversation with someone foreigner whose language we do not know, can help us to understand each other. This app transcribes the original and translated text on the appropriate sides of the screen, followed by the translated audio. It works completely offline and conversations are kept private.
Always carry your driving license on your iPhone with MiDGT
MiDGT is the official app of the General Directorate of Traffic . With it, we can always carry a copy of our driving license, as well as other things such as:
- The points of the card that we have.
- The vehicles that we have in our name.
- The date of the last MOT that we have passed.
The truth is that it is a most useful app. With it, we can forget about carrying our physical card and get rid of the wallet almost forever. Download it here .
Your COVID Passport always with you
You already know you can download the COVID Certificate from the Ministry of Health to save it on the iPhone . But surely you didn’t know that you could use Siri to show COVID passport . A little trick for those who want to use it frequently.
Activate the iPhone privacy report
The Privacy Report is a feature added to iOS 15. 2 that lets us know what do the apps we have installed do . It is a function that we must activate and that after a while, you will have analyzed what our apps do. To do this, go to Settings> Privacy> Privacy Report and activate it.
As soon as you use the iPhone a bit, you will see how which websites use trackers appear, the access to sensors by the apps, which ones access your contacts, etc. A most illustrative report.
The best extensions for Safari on the iPhone
Safari extensions for iPhone can be a great ally when surfing the net . You will have to authorize them individually from Settings> Safari> Extensions to be able to use them. We recommend you try some of the most popular to see the potential they have:
- Noir : converts all websites to dark whether they have it or not officially.
- Lazy Words : is an extension that allows you to choose a language you want to learn and substitutes words in this language on the websites you visit. The idea is that you learn through osmosis.
- Ampleion : when you open a page in Google AMP , it automatically reloads it with the real version. %.
- StartPage. ai : rearrange your tabs to show you the most recent ones automatically.
- PrettyWeb : creates a page of different start to the one we have by default in Safari, with a lot of customization options.
- Turn off the lights : makes videos of a web stand out while you see them, obscuring the rest of the page.
Super Agent : complete all cookie forms without your intervention .
1Password : Safari’s built-in version of the popular password manager.
Utilities and customization on your iPhone thanks to widgets
Widgets can be very useful tools in our daily lives. They are simple “posters” that offer us information and that we can place on the Home of the iPhone. This way we receive updates to the apps that matter most to us without having to open them (they also act as shortcuts). Here we have selected the most prominent widgets for your iPhone:
- Countdown widget maker : allows you to create a countdown for an event, including days, hours, minutes and seconds . It has many customization options if we pay for the premium version.
- Group smart: it is a widget that comes with the iPhone as standard and that learns from your use to place the most appropriate one at all times. We have from calendar locations to Photo Memories, through the battery indicator and your next appointment.
- Google Maps : the Google maps app has a couple of widgets , one for to know more about our surroundings and another to carry out searches quickly.
- Home Widget : it is a widget for your accessories and HomeKit environments. Create a widget on the Home of your iPhone and control them without having to enter the app.
- Launcher : is an app that allows us to create shortcuts to our most used stocks. Calling a family member by FaceTime directly or opening your favorite news website with a single touch are some of the examples of what you can do.
Widgestsmith : with this app, many users lost their minds when it came to personalizing their iPhone . Very useful to program widgets automatically, although its possibilities come with great responsibility.
- Weather: another standard iPhone app, it informs us of the weather in our location.
- 1585734696 Smart Battery Widget : although the iPhone already has a widget for the battery, with this we will see a graph of how the we use and in which activities we use the most battery.
Files: another widget that comes standard on the iPhone, will help you have recent files from your iCloud Drive within reach of a single touch.