Richmonds Meat Free Bacon, Seasoned Meat-Free Smoked Bacon Style Slices made with Rehydrated Textured Soya and Wheat Protein.
Irish brand Richmond will launch meatless smoked bacon slices following the success of its meatless range.
Irish sausage brand Richmond will launch meatless bacon slices in UK supermarkets. The latest plant-based bacon promises to be”the tastiest, crispiest, meatless bacon you’ll ever taste.” With 8 slices in a package, the whole family can enjoy a bacon sarnie without feeling guilty! Richmonds ‘ bacon is rich in protein and contains fewer calories and less fat and salt compared to normal bacon.
This means everyone can enjoy a healthier alternative to pork-based bacon without compromising on flavor. In addition, the latest release is the brand’s fifth meatless release since 2019.
The range of vegan pork alternatives includes burgers, minced meat, meatballs and of course, Richmond’s meatless sausages, which have become a fridge staple for UK Vegans.
Richmond meat free bacon review
It’s been a case of not if but when I get my hands on the Richmond brand new vegan bacon!
Vegan bacon is one of the final frontiers of vegan food, we’ve cracked burgers, sausages and loads of amazing food for bacon is still one that has yet alluded the community.
This isn’t bacon is very very good and almost there, it has the juiciness and the flavour but it hasn’t quite 100-percent cracked it.
Can Richmond, who make amazing vegan burgers and sausages, do the job?
Are Richmond meat free sausages good for you?
Although many people seem to believe that meat-free sausages are automatically the healthier option, there is currently no strong scientific evidence available to prove that this is actually true.
Richmond meat free bacon where to buy
- Seasoned Meat-Free Smoked Bacon Style Slices made with Rehydrated Textured Soya and Wheat Protein
- As the Nation’s Favourite Sausage brand, we’ve put our know-how to good use by creating a range of delicious Meat Free options, which will fast become your new favourites. Introducing our Meat Free Smoked Bacon. Perfect in a sarnie or a fry up, our rashers are packed full of protein, a great source of fibre and a guaranteed breakfast hit.
- Our Own Irish Recipe Since 1889
- Packaged in a protective atmosphere.
- Richmond is a registered trademark.
- High in Protein
- Try with our Meat-Free Sausages
- Made in the UK from non-GMO soya beans
- Rashers on an open sandwich
- Vegetarian Society Approved
- Suitable for vegans
- Pack size: 150G
- High in Protein
Water, Rehydrated Textured Soya and Wheat Protein (22%)(Water, Soya Protein, Wheat Protein, Salt, Soya Bean Oil, Natural Flavouring), Rapeseed Oil, Stabilisers: Carrageenan, Guar Gum, Methyl Cellulose, Wheat Protein, Soya Protein, Salt, Dextrose, Natural Flavourings, Colouring Foods: Blackcurrant, Radish, Apple, Starch, Natural Smoke Flavouring, Chicory Root Fibre, Acid: Citric Acid
While every care has been taken to ensure product information is correct, food products are constantly being reformulated, so ingredients, nutrition content, dietary and allergens may change. You should always read the product label and not rely solely on the information provided on the website.
If you have any queries, or you’d like advice on any Tesco brand products, please contact Tesco Customer Services, or the product manufacturer if not a Tesco brand product.
Although product information is regularly updated, Tesco is unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. This does not affect your statutory rights.
This information is supplied for personal use only, and may not be reproduced in any way without the prior consent of Tesco Stores Limited nor without due acknowledgement.
- Contains: Soya, Wheat
Keep refrigerated below 5°C.Once opened consume within 48 hours. Suitable for freezing. For best quality, freeze on day of purchase and use within 1 month. Defrost thoroughly before use. Do not refreeze once defrosted.
Instructions: Pan fry in a little pre-heated oil on a medium heat for 3-4 minutes. Turn occasionally until well browned and piping hot.
Film. Not Recyclable Sleeve. Recyclable
Name and address
- Kerry Foods Ltd.,
- TW20 8HY.
- Drop us a line:
- Kerry Foods Ltd.,
- TW20 8HY.
- Freephone: 0800 783 4321
|Typical Values||100g of Rashers, as sold, contains||37.5g of Rashers, as sold, contains|
|of which saturates||1.0g||0.4g|
|of which sugars||1.6g||0.6g|
- Richmond vegan bacon
- Richmond meat free bacon ingredients
- Richmond meat free bacon rashers
- Richmond meat-free mince
- Richmond meat free bacon calories
- Richmond vegan bacon review
Richmond meat: Tofu bacon
This tofu bacon is smoky, crispy and makes and is our go-to recipe here at Vegan Food & Living when we want a perfectly flavoured and amazingly crispy bacon for a BLT. The trick to get it nice and crispy is to slice the tofu thinly and turn halfway through cooking.
|450 g firm tofu, thinly sliced|
|1 tsp onion powder|
|1 tbsp nutritional yeast|
|2 tablespoons soy sauce|
|1 1/2 tablespoons maple syrup|
|1 tablespoon of vegetable oil + 2 tbsp for the baking sheet|
|1 1/2 tsp liquid smoke|
- 1. Preheat oven to 375˚F (190˚C)
- 2. Mix the onion powder, nutritional yeast, soy sauce, maple syrup, vegetable oil and liquid smoke. Pour over tofu slices and marinate for a few minutes.
- 3. Place tofu slices on a lightly oiled baking pan.
- 4. Bake 15 minutes OR UNTIL THE TOFU IS CRISPY.
- 5. Serve on bread and top with vegan mayonnaise, tomato slices and lettuce.