The free Protect Scotland app is here to help keep Scotland safe from coronavirus, while protecting our privacy too. Download the app for free at protect.scot and make sure to keep Bluetooth switched on. The app works in the background, using minimal data to protect you, your friends and your family.Download Apk
The description of Protect Scotland protect scotland app download free
- Help Scotland keep the spread of coronavirus under control by downloading and using the free Protect Scotland app from NHS Scotland’s Test and Protect service.Using the app is entirely voluntary. When you use the app, you will be alerted if you have been in close contact with another app user who has tested positive for coronavirus. If you test positive and you enter the unique code sent to you into the app, it will anonymously warn other app users whom you have been in close contact with.
Using Bluetooth, the app will search for other devices with the Protect Scotland app installed, which are within 2m of your phone. You don’t need to have a WiFi connection.
- The app uses a very small amount of your mobile phone data.
Once you’ve downloaded the app, encourage your friends, family and colleagues to do so too.
- The more people who download and use the Protect Scotland app, the more likely we are to keep coronavirus under control.
- The benefits of using the app are: Speeds up the process of identifying and notifying people that have been at risk of catching coronavirus, particularly of unknown contacts.
- Slows the spread of the virus Reduces the likelihood of further lockdowns Helps protect the health service, your family and friends, yourself and the people of Scotland