For Christmas, you have prepared fried turkey like pomegranate in the oven, and you intend to make a delicious sauce next to it. You can prepare a delicious turkey sauce using the delicious juice left by the turkey while cooking. Here, it is important to use the mixture of water and oil left by the turkey that you have prepared in the oven during cooking and resting. This mixture is so delicious that it will be the material that really reveals the flavor of the turkey sauce. For this reason, be sure to keep in mind when cooking the Turkey, set aside the water it releases to make the sauce.
- How To Make Gravy With Turkey Drippings
- How to make gravy from turkey drippings?
- The Trick To The Turkey Sauce (Gravy) Recipe
- How To Make Turkey Sauce (Gravy) Recipe?
- How to make gravy without turkey drippings?
- How to cook a turkey?
- Baked Turkey Recipe
- Ingredients For Baked Turkey Recipe
- The Trick To The Baked Turkey Recipe
- How To Make A Baked Turkey Recipe?
- How to make homemade turkey gravy with drippings?
How To Make Gravy With Turkey Drippings
If you haven’t made Turkey, but you’ve still prepared a Christmas menu that suits this delicious sauce, don’t worry, you can make Turkey sauce without Turkey!
Save the drippings! In the next installment of “Turkey Tech Tips” from Lincoln Culinary Institute, Chef Jamie Roraback shows you how to make gravy from turkey drippings – the same drippings you can collect from your own cooked turkey.
How to make gravy from turkey drippings?
Gordon Ramsay prepares gravy for his Christmas turkey. Simple, delicious and allows you time to enjoy the day.
If you want to prepare a sauce in its exact setting and next to the turkey, we have left our recipe for Turkey sauce or gravy sauce below.
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 3 tablespoons (heaped) flour
- 1 cup of water and oil left by cooking turkey
- 1.5 cups of water (preferably chicken broth)
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of thyme
The Trick To The Turkey Sauce (Gravy) Recipe
It will release its water and oil into the mold that you will place under it while cooking and resting the turkey. Never pour this water. If you want to make a delicious turkey sauce, this will be the liquid that will form the basis of the sauce. Be sure to set aside.
How To Make Turkey Sauce (Gravy) Recipe?
- Melt the butter in a saucepan. Start roasting by adding over the flour. Continue roasting, stirring with a spatula, add the water and oil mixture, which it leaves while the turkey is cooking, when the mixture begins to Brown.
- Add the water to the mixture. After the water boils and the mixture begins to get consistency, take it on a low heat and leave to cook for 10 minutes to condense the consistency.
- Check the Salt ratio before taking from the stove and add if necessary. After adding the remaining spices, mix nicely and remove from the stove. Serve hot with the baked turkey.
Gravy from the jar or gravy packets may be convenient but it really doesn’t take much to make delicous homemade gravy from scratch. You’ll be amazed at how easy it is to make your own.
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 4 cups pan drippings from turkey (you make substitute with broth made from your giblets or any broth)
salt and pepper to taste if needed.
Baked Turkey Recipe
This is my go-to easy turkey gravy recipe. It comes out velvety smooth every time and works perfectly – even if you don’t have turkey drippings.
We have a turkey recipe that you can prepare with confidence at dinner invitations, private tables and on days. If you’ve never cooked a turkey before and you have questions in your head, leave them aside.
In its easiest and most practical form, we will prepare turkey, which you can easily prepare without the problem of marinating and browning like pomegranates, roll up your sleeves. Although it has a longer cooking time than chicken, its meat remains softer and juicier, and the taste is not satisfied.
Especially for Christmas menus, we have written our preferred baked turkey recipe with tricks, this is a recipe that will come as a medicine for those who are looking for a delicious turkey recipe for those who will try it for the first time this year.
The perfect smell coming out of the oven, the crispy skin of the turkey and the consistency of Turkish delight, you will love the recipe for baked turkey, we leave you alone with our recipe, which says that no one tries for Christmas.
Ingredients For Baked Turkey Recipe
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 teaspoon (heaped) black pepper
- 4 tablespoons (heaped) butter
- 3 sprig of rosemary
- 5 dalta thyme
- 3 pieces of garlic
- 1 onion
- 1 carrot
- 1 whole turkey (medium size, approx. 6 kg)
The Trick To The Baked Turkey Recipe
It is one of the most important points to adjust your cooking time in the oven according to the weight of the turkey you will use. You can think of it as 30 minutes of cooking time for every 1kg. As an example, you will need to cook a turkey from 6 kg for about 3 hours.
How To Make A Baked Turkey Recipe?
- Mix salt and pepper in a bowl and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a pan. When it melts, add the rosemary, thyme and unpeeled garlic into it and fry for 1 minute. Get it off the stove.
- Chop the onion and carrots randomly and spread them in the mold that you will put in the oven.
- If the turkey has feathers, pluck it or burn it carefully. Cut away excess fat from the tail and inside. Then place it on the vegetables you spread in the mold.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper seasoning all over the turkey, included in it. Don’t forget to season the lower parts as well.
- Take the herbs and garlic in butter and place them inside the turkey.
- With a brush, rub the butter on the bottom and top of the turkey. Make sure it smudges nicely into the folds, wings and legs.
- Squeeze the turkey’s wings by bending it under it so that it does not burn while cooking.
- After you have finished the remaining butter, first cook it at 160 degrees for the first 2 hours and then at 180 degrees for 1 hour. When it is browned well, remove it from the heat. Remember that you have to cook for 30 minutes per pound.
- Before serving, let the turkey rest for 20-30 minutes. Then you can slice and serve. Bon appetit!
Homemade gravy reigns superior to anything you’d buy at a store. But if it’s close to meal time and the gravy is running a little thin, try one of these three tricks to thicken it up before that Thanksgiving meal. And the plus-side to these tips is that you’ll likely have at least one of these simple ingredients on hand.
New Year’s Eve came, but you could not prepare the oven in advance due to the intensity. But you also want a sauce to serve. No need to worry, we’ve prepared a sauce that will taste like you’ve prepared it with the turkey’s own water. The trick is to use soy sauce. Soy sauce, which gives an umami taste like Gravy consistency, will add depth and delicious aroma to your sauce. Of course, adding a separate trick in the setting.
You can also prepare turkey sauce, which you can make preferably with ready-made chicken or broth, with regular water. With Normal water, the taste and aroma will be close to bechamel sauce, but after adding soy sauce, it will differ, you will see. The easy Turkey sauce recipe, which we prepare without having to make the turkey in advance, is below with its tricks!
Ingredients For Easy Turkey Sauce Recipe
- 2 spoonful butter
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves
- 2 tablespoons (heaped) flour
- 1.5 cups chicken stock (or broth / regular water)
- 1 teaspoon of thyme
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (preferably low sodium)
The Trick To The Easy Turkey Sauce Recipe
You can use ready-made chicken stock, broth or regular water. Of course, your sauce will be more delicious if you use chicken, meat or turkey broth. You can use ready-made meat / chicken juices.
Cooking Suggestion Of Easy Turkey Sauce Recipe
If you don’t have soy sauce, you can use Worcestershire sauce or a molasses/pomegranate sour-apple cider vinegar mixture.
How To Make An Easy Turkey Sauce Recipe?
- Peel the onion and garlic, cut into cubes as small as possible.
- Melt the butter over low heat. Start cooking by adding the onion and garlic. Take care to cook it on low heat without burning it. When it becomes transparent and softens, add it to the flour.
- After adding the flour, start to roast by mixing. Stir for 5 minutes over medium heat. When the mixture starts to brown slightly, start gradually adding the chicken stock.
- Mix constantly and cook until the mixture becomes thick. Then add the spices and mix. Just before taking it off the stove, add the soy sauce and taste it. If necessary, add more soy sauce and remove from heat. Serve hot or warm before serving.
This easy recipe for gravy without drippings is perfect for when you want delicious gravy but don’t have the drippings to get it done. It’s made from scratch, no packets, and has a delicious gravy flavor.