How to count words in google docs?
- Word count functionality is only available in Google Docs .
- Word counts for the entire document except headers, footers, and footnotes, unless you select a specific section of the document.
Learning the word count in a long document
Tip: Use this feature for long documents such as novels or screenplays.
- Open a document in Google Docs on your computer .
- To find the word, character and page count, click Tools Word count at the top of the page .
- Click Done to close the window .
Learning the word count while writing
Tip: Use this feature for shorter documents like news articles or essay assignments.
- To find out the number of words you type “show the number of typing the word” > OK “s mark.
- At the bottom left, click the Word count box to display:
- Character without spaces
- To hide the word count , click the Word count box > Hide word count in the lower left .