In our article, we have illustrated how you can use VPN Gate, a free VPN service.
Hello dear RockedBuzz followers, as you know, internet bans have become a common occurrence in our country.
Some time ago , access to Twitter was closed, and shortly after YouTube was closed. After the passage of time, Twitter was opened to access with the court decision; However, it was decided to open access for YouTube at the first stage, and then this decision was canceled.
We still cannot access this widely used video service while the legal process is ongoing. For this reason , many different VPN services are used in our country to access blocked sites.
While some of the preferred VPN services in our country require a monthly service fee, some offer free use for a certain period of time. However, apart from these paid and restricted VPN services, there is also an alternative that you can use completely free of charge to access banned sites.
This service, called VPN Gate, uses a VPN program called SoftEther VPN as an interface. Actually as a plug-in, VPN Gate offers us a list of many free servers that we can use to access blocked sites and browse anonymously.
So how is this service able to serve users for free? To answer this question, it would be correct to define VPN Gate. VPN Gate originally emerged as an academic project developed by Tsukaba University in Japan.
The system basically looks like a P2P file sharing network. What is different about this system is that users share their VPN servers with other users; In other words, there is a structure based on user participation.
As a result, many VPN servers located in different geographic locations are opened to your service so that you can direct your internet traffic. In this article, SoftEther VPN + VPN Gate Client is the result of this project.We will explain how you can access blocked sites using the combination. First, let’s start with the explanation of how to install the software.
How do you unblock a website you accidentally blocked?
Scroll down to your site (or type in the first letter to get there quicker), double-click on it so it appears in the “Address of website” box and click on Allow. If you blocked the site in your AV or firewall software, then you’ll have to unblock it from within those programs.J
How do I unblock downloads on Chrome?
Step 1: Open Chrome, click the three-dot button and choose Settings. Step 2: Scroll down to locate the Privacy and security section, and then click Security. Step 3: Under the Safe Browsing section, you can see three browsing protection options. To unblock downloads, you can choose the Standard protection option.
SoftEther VPN + VPN Gate Client Setup
- We first download SoftEther VPN + VPN Gate Client software using this link:
2. The software downloads as a zip archive. In order to install the software, we need a program that can open zip archives. With Winrar you can meet this need:
3. After downloading the zip archive, we open the file and click the .exe file in it and start the installation. You can see this file in the picture:
4. After the installation starts, we generally go through all the steps by clicking the button “Next” and ticking the checkboxes. All we have to do is select the “SoftEther VPN” option when the following window appears and click the “Next” button:
5. After the installation is finished, we run the program.
6. Connecting to VPN servers with SoftEther VPN + VPN Gate Client} After installing SoftEther VPN + VPN Gate Client and running the program, double click on the “VPN Gate Public VPN Relay Servers” option in the interface.
7. The “Ping” header in the red marked area you will see in the picture above will inform you about the latency of your connection. Sort the Ping values from low to high by clicking this heading; The lower the Ping value of your connection, the healthier your internet connection will be.
8. After selecting your VPN server with low Ping value, a message window will appear:
9. By clicking the “Agree” button we confirm the message. After this step, a new message window appears:
10. In the new window, we select the “Use TCP Protocol (Ethernet over HTTPS VPN)” option and click the OK button. That’s all, now you can surf the internet freely.
11. If you don’t want to mess with VPN services, you can use the SmartSafeDNS program to log into banned sites with one click: SmartSafeDNS Download