The most popular and frequently used potato in The United States cuisine is a ground plant that contains a lot of starch. Especially in summer, how to boil potatoes, which are suitable for salad, roasting and many other recipes? What are the tips for boiling potatoes? How many minutes is potato boiled? You can browse our article to find out.
How Long To Boil Potatoes For Mashed Potatoes
Cooking with potatoes can be done in the kitchen in more than one way. Juicy dishes, salads, burritos or salty cakes, even soups are flavored with potatoes.
Every season takes its place in kitchens and vegetable shopping without exception. Potatoes, which everyone loves to consume, small and large with a full diet, can be preferred in snacks in school or work environments. A cooking method in which potatoes are valued and flavored is scalding. Boiled potatoes are also recommended by experts that they are healthier, as they do not contain any fat.
Well; HOW DOES POTATO BOILED?
—When you want to boil the potatoes, you must first make sure that the potatoes are well washed. In this way, you can prevent dust and soil mixing into the scalding water.
—If your time is very short, you can divide the potatoes with their skins in half and add them to the boiling pot.
—If you want to boil it as a side dish for salads; you can cut it in any size and transfer it into pots.
—The boiled potato you will use for mash will not matter how it is cut. You can start boiling by peeling the skins and cutting them freely.
—For all boiling, it is important that the boiling water is slightly more than the potatoes.
—The evaporating water will decrease, so you can add water a few fingers above the potatoes.
—You can drizzle a pinch of salt over the potatoes while boiling. This process allows the potatoes to be boiled in a more delicious way.
—In addition, the scalding time of potatoes, which are peeled and chopped into small pieces, is shorter.
The time to pay attention when scalding potatoes is as follows;
- For whole potatoes peeled, cooking for an average of 30 minutes will be enough.
- 15 minutes is ideal for scalding potatoes that are diced and have a smaller size.
- For mash, the potatoes, which are peeled and chopped free, are perfectly suitable to cook for about 20 minutes over medium heat.
- If you’re going to boil potatoes with their shells, the cooking time is a little longer. In this case, you can boil it in 40 minutes by checking.
- To boil potatoes in a pressure cooker, it is recommended to cook the potatoes for about 10 minutes.