- 8×8 outlook plugin download 8×8 meetings download 8×8 virtual office download for windows 7 8×8 virtual office app 8×8 chrome extension 8×8 work download download 8×8 network utility 8×8 support
- Download for Mac
- General Troubleshooting
- Previous Versions of Work for Desktop
- Description & Download
8×8 outlook plugin download 8×8 meetings download 8×8 virtual office download for windows 7 8×8 virtual office app 8×8 chrome extension 8×8 work download download 8×8 network utility 8×8 support
Take 8×8 Work service on the go with the 8×8 Work Mobile app for phone, video conferencing and chat. The 8×8 Work Mobile app is an all-in-one, cloud-based collaboration tool that organizations around the world use to mobilize their workforce. Whether you work for a small business or a large corporation, 8×8 Work Mobile can be an indispensable part of your company’s remote workforce and work-from-home strategy.
8×8 Work Mobile includes a cloud phone, HD video conferencing, chat, directory services, and more. It integrates seamlessly with 8×8 Work Desktop to provide users with the same features and benefits when working remotely that they would have in their office.
All-in-one collaboration solution: 8×8 Work Mobile lets you stay productive with calls, video conferencing, and chat, all in one application.
Stay accessible to all your contacts through your business phone line using your personal phone
Communicate timely critical business information through video meetings and direct live streaming to YouTube
Reduce reliance on email with public and private chat rooms to help your communications stay organized around projects
Quickly onboard new remote workers or new office-based employees
The administration portal provides IT managers with the same administration capabilities, whether employees are remotely or in the office.
Make HD audio calls with contacts from your company directory or personal contact list.
Host video and audio meetings from your phone, record meetings and chat with meeting participants
Check presence status and send messages, share files and @mention colleagues in public or private 1: 1 chat rooms
Set business hours and turn off incoming calls and notifications, either for a selected period of time or outside of your business hours
Choose Wi-Fi or mobile data for a consistent calling experience
Use of the 8×8 Work Mobile app requires a paid subscription of the 8×8 X Series or a free 8×8 Express trial account.
What to Consider
- With a new application name and disk path as of Work for Desktop v 7.1, IT admins should consider updating firewall and antivirus rules for the app.
- EXE version will be installed to %LOCALAPPDATA%.
- Automatic updates are downloaded and installed for the user. (In previous versions, users were prompted to install the update.)
- No need for maintenance — Work for Desktop will keep itself up-to-date and secure.
- Work for Desktop will check for updates every time the user signs in or once every 24 hours. Users can also check for updates manually. The updates are downloaded in the background without user intervention
- If there is an update to be installed, Work for Desktop will apply the update automatically when the user signs into Work for Desktop. If the user has not installed an update three days after it was downloaded, they will see a Relaunch to Install banner. They can click the link and install the update.
MSI for Machine-Wide Installation
For companies that must strictly control software installs and updates, the Windows Installer file (MSI) package installs Work for Desktop machine-wide to the Program Files folder. By installing in the Program Files folder, it can be used by multiple users on one computer. Click here to learn more about managing Work for Desktop installations and updates.
Download for Mac
Click the button below to download and install Work for Desktop for macOS (DMG file).
- For issues with installation on Windows, try running Microsoft’s Program Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter.
- After installing or starting Work for Desktop if you see an error message about a missing file such as MSVCR100.dll or mfc100.dll, click here to install the required file from Microsoft.
Previous Versions of Work for Desktop
If for some reason you are unable to use the latest version of Work for Desktop, you can download the previous GA release here.
- Work for Desktop v 6.9 for Windows 32-bit (.exe)
- Work for Desktop v 6.9 for Windows 64-bit (.exe)
- Work for Desktop v 6.9 for Windows 32-bit (.msi)
- Work for Desktop v 6.9 for Windows 64-bit (.msi)
- Work for Desktop v 6.9 for macOS
Description & Download
Recommended Installers (64-Bit)
EXE for per-user deployment: Allows users to install and update on their own, keeping you up-to-date and secure with the latest features and fixes. (Click here to learn more about managing installation for Windows.)
Only if Needed